Production Team & Packaging (Operations Associate)
At Farm to Summit we utilize local and imperfect produce to create just-add-hot-water dehydrated meals and lattes that are nutritiously dense, flavor packed, and sustainably packaged. Our meals are prepared in small batches with the aim to reduce waste in our food system while introducing authentic farm fresh flavor into the world of dehydrated meals and giving back to our community.
We are a small team and are looking to add new key players to our crew. We are experiencing rapid growth and are preparing for our busiest year yet. This is where you come in. Are you motivated to work within a company that values your strong work ethic? Are you passionate about making a difference in our food systems and/or the outdoor industry? Do you have experience in production and/or packaging or a strong willingness to learn the ropes?
Community is central to who we are as a company, and by joining our team you become a part of who we are at Farm to Summit.
- Self-starter and able to manage tasks in a timely and organized manner
- Ability to work alone or with a team in a fast paced environment with production deadlines
- Team player with desire to grow with an exciting, expanding company
- Detail oriented, adaptable, punctual, kind, with positive attitude
- Willingness to perform monotonous tasks for extended periods of time
- Ability to take direction and to effectively communicate concerns/needs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and to be on feet for most of day
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- BIPOC, Latinx, POC and LGBTQ+ strongly encouraged to apply
- Bonus if you have Experience in
- Packaging and/or manufacturing
- Kitchen prep and/or production
Potential responsibilities may include:
- Weighing, portioning, and packaging food while keeping thorough batch logs
- Kitchen prep work and daily cleaning
- Loading/unloading/cleaning dehydrators
- Shipping and receiving
- Inventory management
- Local deliveries and pickups
- Farmers Markets and/or retail sales
- Part time 20-25 hours/week, flexible scheduling with potential for additional hours
- Opening available immediately, although can be flexible with start date
- Starting pay $17/hr, with potential for quick advancement
- Employee discount on product, prodeal, and weekly CSA during farm season
Actual duties within job will be decided based on your skillset, experiences, and preferences. To apply for this position please send a copy of your resume, at least one reference, and either a cover letter or a quick blurb about why you feel you’re a good fit for Farm To Summit, directly to Louise@farmtosummit.com. We will send acknowledgement by email of all resumes we receive. If we feel you could be a good fit, we will contact you for the initial interview process. Professional references required.